SOSP Contact Info:
SOSP Google Calendar
1, 2, 3....SOSP KICK-OFF 2024
The Sound of Sun Prairie 2024 season is upon us - celebrating 52 years of summer marching band in Sun Prairie! Here's important dates for our upcoming season:
1) SOSP Kick-Off Meeting - 7pm, Tuesday February 20th @ SP East HS Choir & Band Room
- An informational meeting for parents/caregivers & students. Come learn about how SOSP works, meet others, and get specific info about this season.
2) SOSP Registration, 9 - 11am, Saturday February 24th @ SP East HS
- Turn in all the important forms for the season, ask questions, and meet other volunteer coordinators.
3) SOSP Rehearsal #1, 9am - 1pm, Saturday March 2nd @ SP East HS
- Come be a part of starting this season on a high note. Wear athletic gear, bring a water bottle, and come ready to learn and have fun.
About the Sound of Sun Prairie:
The Sound of Sun Prairie is a voluntary, extra-curricular marching band. It is comprised of 8-12th grade students who have an interest in performing with percussion and wind instruments or color guard.
The purpose of the Sound of Sun Prairie is to provide an environment in which students can learn to work cooperatively toward common goals, the power of positive attitudes, personal responsibility, self-motivation, individual sacrifice for the good of the group, and striving to work to the best of one’s ability at all times. It is a student-centered organization that promotes personal growth and student leadership. The band’s philosophy is based on the belief that learning to be successful in marching band involves the same process as learning to be successful in other endeavors and that understanding the process for success is the most important part of attaining success.