Sound of Sun Prairie - August 2022
We once again have a special event planned for this Fall meant to introduce and connect new students to the Sound of Sun Prairie. We would like to invite all band students entering grades 8-12 to join us for four evening rehearsals on Aug 22 - 25. The rehearsals will take place at Sun Prairie High School East from 5-9 PM each night. We will be preparing for a performance at the first home football game in the Bank of Sun Prairie Stadium on August 26th! Your child will not need to officially join Sound to participate in this event. Think of it as an opportunity to see what we have to offer and a chance to show some school spirit!
- August 22 - 25, 5 - 9pm @ Sun Prairie East High School
- Friday August 26th @ Bank of Sun Prairie Stadium (SP East v. Muskego Football Game), Halftime Show Performance
- Registration is quick and easy and can be done by clicking HERE.
- Reach out to your school's band teacher or SOSP Director, Matt McVeigh (email@example.com)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who Can Participate? ALL incoming 8th-12th grade band students are eligible regardless of what instrument they play.
- Worried About It Being Too Difficult? Don't be! The performance will not include much marching and we will have the music ready for you in advance so you can start practicing. We will use our rehearsal time in August to learn more so we look and sound great!
- If My Child Participates Does It Mean They Are In Sound in summer 2023? No - this opportunity is a fun way to learn more about Sound and get a bit of experience performing.
- Will It Be Safe? YES! We will follow all protocols and guidelines.
- What Will We Wear? All participating students will receive a SOSP t-shirt to wear the night of the performance.
- Will This Cost Money? No! Thanks to the Sun Prairie Summer School Program and the Sun Prairie Band Boosters all of the expenses for the rehearsals and the performance will be covered.
- When Will We Receive Music? PDFs of the music will be shared with participating students in the near future.
- What Instrument Should I Play? Will Guard Be Included?
- We will not be issuing SOSP instruments for this performance except for marching horns (for the horn players), marching baritone (for euphonium players), contras (for tuba players) and battery (for percussion). Everyone else should plan to play their concert instrument for this event. Students interested in guard will have the opportunity to learn a basic flag routine for this event.
- What If I Can't Make It To All Of The Rehearsals Can I Still Participate? Attendance at all of the evening rehearsals is important in order for us to look and sound good. If a student has a conflict with a rehearsal it will be important to communicate the absence as soon as possible. We will certainly be flexible and find ways to make sure the group and individuals are ready for the performance. Excessive absences or unexcused absences will not allow the student to participate in the performance.
- How Do We Sign Up? To participate in the fall rehearsals and the performance registration is required. Registration is quick and easy and can be done by clicking HERE.