Help Support the Sun Prairie Band Program by participating in the New Truck Campaign. The Band Boosters will match every dollar raised up to $25,000. Learn more:
New Truck Campaign Page
SOSP Contact Info:
SOSP 2016 - January Updates!
SOSP 2016 Kick-Off Dates:
SOSP 2016 Kick-Off Meeting (for all returning & interested SOSP members & parents)
- Tuesday March 1st, 7pm @ SPHS (Enter Door #3)
- Band Booster meeting at 6:30pm
SOSP 2016, Rehearsal #1!!!!!
- Saturday March 12th, 9:00am - 5:00pm @ SPHS (will lunch break from 12:00 - 1:30)
SOSP Leadership & Drum Major Workshops
New this year is combining our Drum Major Workshops with opportunities for anyone that wants to information about leadership on Wednesday afternoons, beginning Wednesday 2/17.
3:30 - 4:15: Leadership Workshop (for anyone!!)
4:15 - 5:00: Drum Major Techniques (for those interested in auditioning this, or ANY year)
SOSP Percussion Rehearsals begin in January!
Winter rehearsal dates for students interested in the Sound of Sun Prairie marching band percussion section will begin in January 2016. These rehearsals are open to anyone interested interested in SOSP Percussion. Students and staff will begin work on building the skills and fundamentals to jump into learning our marching band show in the spring.
SOSP Color Guard Updates:
We are excited to get started with our color guard instructors for this year - Tracy Scott, Felipe Mendoza, & returning instructor Serena Hanson. Below are dates for all returning and prospective color guard members - people are welcome to come to a rehearsal and try it out!
SOSP 2016 Calendar:
This season’s schedule will be similar to last season’s schedule - beginning the third week of June and ending third weekend of July.
- Saturday Rehearsals begin March 12th, 2016 and continue through school year
- There will be a break the second weekend of spring break (no rehearsal 26)
- Overnight Camp #1 will be Friday evening May 6 (no school) to Saturday evening May 7 and we can be at home for Mother’s day!!
- There will be some other adjustments for drill learning weekend, camp weekends in May, etc..
- "Everydays" begin Sunday June 12th and continue through June 22nd
- Performances will begin around June 23rd
- Flags of Freedom will be Saturday July 2nd
- Traverse City trip will be July 5th to July 9th
- MACBDA Finals Weekend, July 14 - 16th w/ Finals @ UW-Whitewater
Fall Football Game:
- Rehearsal Thursday 8/19, Performance Friday 8/20
SOSP 2015 - Thank You !!!
Thank You SOSP 2015 - students, parents, & staff:
Very Simply - blessed to be a part of this group of amazing people. This finals week was a logistical trial like I can't remember in recent history. We had about 18 plans for every scenario and then the weather changed again. Thank you to students for being so understanding, flexible, and doers. Thank you adults for supporting these students no matter what it took.
LOVE THAT SOUND
About the Sound of Sun Prairie:
The Sound of Sun Prairie is a voluntary, extra-curricular marching band. It is comprised of 8-12th grade students who have an interest in performing with percussion and wind instruments or color guard.
The purpose of the Sound of Sun Prairie is to provide an environment in which students can learn to work cooperatively toward common goals, the power of positive attitudes, personal responsibility, self-motivation, individual sacrifice for the good of the group, and striving to work to the best of one’s ability at all times. It is a student-centered organization that promotes personal growth and student leadership. The band’s philosophy is based on the belief that learning to be successful in marching band involves the same process as learning to be successful in other endeavors and that understanding the process for success is the most important part of attaining success.
SOSP is a member of the Mid-America Competing Band Directors Association (MACBDA) and it follows their schedule of events. This includes marching and competing in parades and field show competitions throughout the Midwest.