SOSP Contact Info:
Shop The Big Score for half-off discounts on food, entertainment and so much more. New discounts added frequently.
SOSP TENTATIVE SCHEDULE 2014
- Saturday Rehearsals begin March 8th, 2014 and continue through school year
- There will be a break the second weekend of spring break
- There will be some other adjustments for drill learning weekend, camp weekends in May, etc..
- "Everydays" begin Sunday June 15th @ 5pm and continue through June 25th
- Performance season begins Thursday June 26th
- Flags of Freedom will be Saturday June 28th
- Traverse City trip will be July 8th to July 12th (this will not be MACBDA Finals)
- MACBDA Finals Weekend, July 17 - 19th w/ tentative Finals @ UW-Whitewater
Fall Football Game:
- Rehearsal Thursday 8/21, Performance Friday 8/22
Thanks! .. for a great Football Game Performance
On Friday August 30th, the Sound of Sun Prairie dusted off its 2013 production, "When Night Breaks" to perform for the first home football game for Sun Prairie High School. SOSP also performed its parade tune, "Build Me Up Buttercup" to finish off the performance.
Thanks to all students, parents, and staff that made this performance possible. It was great to celebrate all the great things happening in the greater Sun Prairie Community. Special thanks to the the SPHS student section for their awesome support!
About the Sound of Sun Prairie Marching Band:
The Sound of Sun Prairie is a voluntary, extra-curricular marching band. It is comprised of 8-12th grade students who have an interest in performing with percussion and wind instruments or color guard.
The purpose of the Sound of Sun Prairie is to provide an environment in which students can learn to work cooperatively toward common goals, the power of positive attitudes, personal responsibility, self-motivation, individual sacrifice for the good of the group, and striving to work to the best of one’s ability at all times. It is a student-centered organization that promotes personal growth and student leadership. The band’s philosophy is based on the belief that learning to be successful in marching band involves the same process as learning to be successful in other endeavors and that understanding the process for success is the most important part of attaining success.
SOSP is a member of the Mid-America Competing Band Directors Association (MACBDA) and it follows their schedule of events. This includes marching and competing in parades and field show competitions throughout the Midwest.